View Single Post
Old 12-07-2017, 02:41 PM   #42
CaptainCrunch
Norm!

Exp:

Personally Military procurement should be taken away from Public works, that department couldn't buy a roll of toilet paper without overspending and buying the 1 ply brand.

second of all, the Minister of National Defense shouldn't be some appointed party hack who's a political appointee. It should be the outgoing Chief of Defense Staff appointed to a 4 year term and reports only to the Prime Minister and not to the Party.

The current Minister of Defense should have been fired a long time ago, first because of his lying, second because Harjit Saijan is another bad Minister of Defense in a long line of bad Minister of Defenses. He's messed up every file that he's gotten his hands on, and he's just weak and captured by the party that he serves over the men that he's responsible for.

Its pretty clear to me that the management of Defense has to almost be independent, and no I'm not talking about things like national strategy or deployment, except that I believe that sending a contingent of troops into some of these blood baths just to make Canada look good to the UN is being carried out by people that are out of their bloody minds.

Having a Defense Minister that has just come off of being the Commander of Land/Air/Sea in a limited deployment or sunset job where he's not worried about staying just makes a ton of sense to me.

Having a Defense Minister that says basically give me a budget, and no we're not pissing away money buying used jets because that's just stupid. Or we're building the ships here because we need more voters here just makes sense.

How many more of these files do we have to see fricked up.

Lets look at the massive failures

Buying Ilitis jeeps at nearly triple their sticker cost from Germany because Bombardier.

The procurement of Helicopters that was scorched due to vindictiveness that we're still not seeing.

The Submarine fiasco, buying retired submarines because they're cheap and not making sure that they actually work.

The F-35 fiasco that became the Boeing Fiasco, that is now we're buying the used pinto's fiasco.

On top of that, how about sending troops into a desert battlezone wearing woodland gear because your Prime Minister wants to score points while not giving a crap about the troops that he's sending out to fight.

I mean even the Conservatives have to take a stick in the eye right back to the Mulroney days when he promised a re-investment and then reneged, kind of like the sense I get from this government who's kicked the spending down the road.

I personally don't give a crap about a made in Canada Solution, or pork barrelling for votes. I don't care if even one ship or plane or tank or APC is built in Canada. Decide on a strategy and buy the equipment to match the Strategy, and if the Canadianization of the equipment is required, either contract it to the original manufacturer. Or contract it fairly in Canada and don't give a crap about the political ramifications.

Look on my Works, ye Mighty, and despair!
CaptainCrunch is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following 8 Users Say Thank You to CaptainCrunch For This Useful Post: