View Single Post
Old 08-25-2017, 10:37 AM   #419
squiggs96
Franchise Player

Exp:

It sounds like Horgan will announce the elimination of toll bridges today at 10:00 am PDT. It will save daily commuters, the people who actually use the bridges, about $1,500 per year. It eliminates about $200M in revenue between the Golden Ears and Port Mann bridges. It also likely eliminates the jobs for those that work at Treo.

The Golden Ears debt must be repaid by 2041 and the Port Mann is scheduled to be repaid by 2050. Horgan has not announced how he plans to pay back the debt, or make up the lost revenue. Speculation is he'll use the Prosperity Fund that was created by the Liberals.

The NDP campaigned on this, so it's not shocking they are taking steps to eliminate the tolls. What is shocking to me is that Weaver is on board. By eliminating the tolls, more people will drive. This will cause more pollution. The NDP said they want quicker traffic to downtown. By putting more cars on the road, it will have the opposite effect they want.

There's still no word on when the NDP will ban corporate donations to political parties. They said they'd do it as soon as they got into power. Instead, they have held fund raising golf parties.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bingo View Post
Jesus this site these days
Quote:
Originally Posted by Barnet Flame View Post
He just seemed like a very nice person. I loved Squiggy.
Quote:
Originally Posted by dissentowner View Post
I should probably stop posting at this point
squiggs96 is offline   Reply With Quote