View Single Post
Old 08-08-2017, 04:27 PM   #54
TheAlpineOracle
Lifetime Suspension

Exp:

Quote:
Originally Posted by Weitz View Post
You can definitely find resorts with food that is of much better quality than others.

But you are right in that watching for deals is the best way as they always come along. We went to a very nice resort in Dominican last year and paid about $1000 less than what it normally cost by watching for a deal (we also booked very far in advance). Place was amazing and had great food.
I'm not a picky eater. I generally don't have problems with the food anywhere. So long as I can get some sort of grilled protein (Chicken, steak, seafood) with a good selections of sides and deserts, i'm not going to complain. I just like to let people know who are going there who have never been before, that just because you are staying at what is a 5 star resort in the Carribean, doesn't mean you'll be eating at places like Ceasars Steakhouse every night.

I actually think the best restaurants at these places are the ones that try to stay true to the local culture. Like someone else had mentioned, they have become far too Americanized, and they simply don't have the experience or ingredients to be able to send out comparable dishes to 5 star american restaurants. Actual Mexican food though, they can hit it out of the park sometimes. Unfortunately, some resorts only have authentic good 1 night of the 7 you stay there.
TheAlpineOracle is offline   Reply With Quote