View Single Post
Old 08-08-2017, 04:10 PM   #44
TheAlpineOracle
Lifetime Suspension

Exp:

Quote:
Originally Posted by CliffFletcher View Post
The only all-inclusive I've been to was one of the higher-end ones in the Mayan Riviera. I'd rate its food as Boston Pizza/Chili's/Montana's level. But really, what do you expect when you're looking at buffets serving hundreds of people? The a la carte restaurants weren't really any better food-wise either, they just had a nicer atmosphere.
Yup, the food at All-inclusives are mediocre at best, and that includes even the fanciest 5 stars. The only exception i've had to that was the Excellence Chain (I i've stayed At the Excellence Riviera Maya and Excellence Playa Mejueres). These guys don't even run a supper Buffet. Food was quite good at the restaurants, but if you go there thinking you are going to be eating at Vintage Chop House every night you are going to be very disappointed.

I always get a kick about the people complaining about the food. You are paying between 3K and 6K for a week at an ocean front property for two people. That's not a lot of money. Properties are amazing, but not sure why people think they are going to be fed like they are Nobu in Vegas.

I also get a kick of the people on the resort that tell you all day how great the food is. They've either never ate a good restaurant or are straight lying. The food is mediocre, it's as simple as that. Never understood people who refuse to say anything remotely negative about their vacation experiences. It's almost like they have to paint this perfect picture for you.
TheAlpineOracle is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following User Says Thank You to TheAlpineOracle For This Useful Post: