View Single Post
Old 08-01-2017, 09:57 PM   #59
GGG
Franchise Player

Exp:

Quote:
Originally Posted by 4X4 View Post
Why would I complain about prices that seemed reasonable? There is a fixed cost to the refining, and a variable cost to the price of oil. Gas was over a dollar a few years ago, and Oil was quite a bit higher than it is now. The price of gas has not gone down in a linear way because the cost of refining is going to be there whether oil is $100 or $1.

For the price of gas to jump 25% because of a $6 increase in oil is ridiculous, hence my complaining. It fluctuates all the time and I do not bump this thread because I understand why it varies a few cents each direction for days here and weeks there. But like clockwork, there's always a spike before a long weekend. Usually it's just an eye roller, sometimes it's worth bitching about.

Not sure why you've got such a condescending tone with your "the past two weeks you should have been complaining". I guess I don't have as much time as you do. Dildo
I didn't Intend to be condescending. I get frustrated when all the data is available to make a rational conclusion and people choose not and just go with gut feel. The gas price one for weekends is one of my Pet Peeves.

The link below is a study based on historical Canadian gas prices. There is no evidence of holiday hikes.

http://www.kentgroupltd.com/wp-conte...icing-2014.pdf
GGG is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following User Says Thank You to GGG For This Useful Post: