View Single Post
Old 04-06-2020, 09:10 PM   #99
CaptainCrunch
Norm!

Exp:

Quote:
Originally Posted by Deviaant View Post
https://www.allrecipes.com/recipe/26...ron-cornbread/

I am making a stew today for dinner. I've always really liked cornbread but for some reason I've never made it. It seems simple enough to make so I'm going to give it a try but I'm going to add some creamed corn to the recipie and I'm going to finish off the cornbread with a honey butter (and some yet to be determined spice)

I think I'm going to gain a pound or two during this pandemic.

I'm a big fan of different types of stews, chicken, meat, fish, venison, its the ultimate easy meal to make

Ingredients

• 6 tablespoons extra virgin olive oil
  • 1 medium onion, chopped (about 1 1/2 cups)
  • 3 large garlic cloves, minced
  • 2/3 cup fresh parsley, chopped
  • 1 1/2 cups of fresh chopped tomato (about 1 medium sized tomato) OR 1 14-ounce can of whole or crushed tomatoes with their juices
  • 2 teaspoons tomato paste (optional)
  • 8 oz of clam juice
  • 1/2 cup dry white wine (like Sauvignon blanc)
  • 1 1/2 lb fish fillets (use a firm white fish such as halibut, cod, red snapper, or sea bass), cut into 2-inch pieces
  • Pinch of dry oregano
  • Pinch of dry thyme
  • 1/8 teaspoon Tabasco (or more to taste)
  • Freshly ground black pepper to taste
  • Salt to taste
1 Heat olive oil in a large thick-bottomed pot over medium-high heat. Add onion and sauté 4 minutes, add the garlic and cook a minute more. Add parsley and stir 2 minutes. Add tomato and tomato paste, and gently cook for 10 minutes or so.
2 Add clam juice, dry white wine, and fish. Bring to a simmer and simmer until the fish is cooked through and easily flakes apart, about 3 to 5 minutes. Add seasoning (oregano, thyme, Tabasco). Add salt and pepper to taste. Ladle into bowls and serve.

I like this with french bread.

You can also get creative and add veggies to it like base veggies for a normal stew, like carrots and potatoes or even things like green beans.

It depends on your taste.

Look on my Works, ye Mighty, and despair!
CaptainCrunch is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to CaptainCrunch For This Useful Post: