View Single Post
Old 09-10-2022, 12:23 PM   #4626
Locke
Franchise Player

Exp:

Quote:
Originally Posted by dammage79 View Post
It's been a few years coming this one. Not sure if I'll buy into this one. I liked Willow but I didn't LOVE Willow like I do LOTR .
That might actually serve you well.

The thing is, with big Tentpole stuff like Star Trek, Star Wars, LOTR, etc people are so invested in it that it becomes essentially impossible to please them.

For instance, an example like Game of Thrones might be apt. Sure, there are books out there and fans of those books, and those fans are irrational crazy people for even bothering to read books from a writer who clearly never had any intention on finishing them.

I digress, but to me when the show started GoT was a complete mystery. A brand new world. So I didnt have any vested interest and could just go along for the ride.

Whereas 'bookists' as they are known, were losing their minds because "The Imp doesnt look like that in the BOOKS!!!"

I could shrug my shoulders and just accept what he looks like in the show. To my knowledge the books were not illustrated so he didnt look like anything in the books and the bookists are just nerds who need to be quietly ushered away and forgotten about.

This Post Has Been Distilled for the Eradication of Seemingly Incurable Sadness.

If you are flammable and have legs, you are never blocking a Fire Exit. - Mitch Hedberg
Locke is online now   Reply With Quote