View Single Post
Old 10-14-2018, 06:18 AM   #3262
OMG!WTF!
Franchise Player

Exp:

Quote:
Originally Posted by Handsome B. Wonderful View Post
It's a buyer's market, but only if you're interested in buying crap. I've been looking for a new house for nearly 6 months now, and have been keeping an eye on things. Essentially, the market is full of garbage. The end of every month is marked by a flurry of expired listings in my inbox, but nothing replaces them. New listings have all but evaporated. It's only the crap houses being relisted over and over. They update the outside pictures, but you can still see the snow out the windows on the inside pictures.
You might be burned out. There's actually been an all time record for listings in calgary. I guess they could all be junkers though...

A summary from a report I get...

Quote:
Alberta Real Estate & Economic Report - September 2018

The Gift of Knowledge:#Economic Pulse of Alberta

In the Calgary real estate market the home sales in the region were down 13% year over year, while active number of homes listed were up 21%. Traditionally, when there is an increase in the amount of inventory in the market and sales are declining we see a reduction in the real estate values. Year to date there has been less than a 1% decline in values. In the month of June Calgary had a record number of homes available for sale ever. While in Edmonton, the total home sales were up 4% while active new listings were up 5%, and real estate values were down 1%
The Following User Says Thank You to OMG!WTF! For This Useful Post: