View Single Post
Old 06-06-2019, 07:07 PM   #243
JTech780
Powerplay Quarterback

Exp:

Quote:
Originally Posted by 868904 View Post
Johnny was drafted out of the USHL as a point per game player. You could argue that league has only gotta more competitive since and the NHL game has changed even more to benefit these types of players.

Flames need to get bigger but that doesn’t mean they need to do that in the first round. The first round should be all about getting the most skilled and high ceiling player. You draft your Big grinding wingers in later rounds.

Size is still a factor that has to be taken into consideration, I am fine with small players as long as they have elite hockey sense, elite skill and elite skating. I am not sure that Brink is elite in any of those categories. He is has very good hockey sense and skill, but his skating is average at best. At 5'8" I would feel more comfortable if Brink had top end skating. I think his lack of skating ability has strong chance to limit his ability to produce offense at the NHL level.

I am really starting to cool on Brink. There are quite a few players I would take ahead of him, I would rank him as more of a 2nd round prospect.
JTech780 is offline   Reply With Quote