View Single Post
Old 06-18-2020, 02:04 AM   #11
DoubleF
Franchise Player

Exp:

I was excited for TLOU2 and religiously trying to stay away from leaks, but the overwhelmingly high scores, oddly scripted looking/sounding reviews and some seemingly contradictory review comments made things seems suddenly suspicious. I stumbled on a review willing to be honest about not enjoying the game and I found it informative but even more odd. The individual disliked the game for personal reasons, but wasn't seemingly overly dramatic about it. Most of the comments made by this person was logical and if the opinion was correct, the average person wouldn't completely disagree. It just felt suspicious that there were so many, "Best game evar for PS4!", "Masterpiece", "I crai", "Blew away the first one" etc. I'm open to the idea that it's a damn good game, but the crazy amount reviews making it sound like the epitome of gaming are way too much.

I still haven't seen the the leaked footage and much of the info, but of what I saw in terms of spoilers, apparently there are plot holes and quite a few comments seemed to hint that the game just gets darker in a pointless fashion... it's feeling to me like an M Night Shamalayan meme. TLOU1 is like the 6th sense, good, but unsure if intentional or a fluke. TLOU2 is sounding like After Earth levels of bad.

If the chagrin is true, TLOU and TLOU2 might be a far worse gap between Mass Effect and Andromeda. Andromeda at least was seemingly a good stand alone game, but marred by unfair expectations from the predecessor. I've read enough commentary that essentially hints there are no redeeming factors in the story and TLOU2 is potentially a franchise killing level of bad.

I cancelled my pre-order. I'm going to keep an eye on the real layman reviews after it is released tomorrow to decide if I will nab a few days late... I really hope that the rumors of how bad it is are just badly over blown, but there's enough smoke for me to believe I might not bother with the game unless it's like $30-40, which makes me really sad.
DoubleF is offline   Reply With Quote