View Single Post
Old 06-19-2020, 03:14 PM   #118
BsFaninCGY
Crash and Bang Winger

Exp:

Quote:
Originally Posted by DoubleF View Post
In the past, for tracker resolution problems, I found the easier way to deal with it is like this:

1. Go on the website (ie: torrent day) and look at the approved programs list. This includes the version of the program being used. If it's not on the list, it might be blocked by the tracker, so grab the appropriate program.

2. Check the settings against the FAQ. For instance, sometime forced encryption or specific ports are required or the tracker will block activity. (I don't recall TD having this restriction though)

3. Re-add the torrents to the accepted file share program and do file check if necessary. If possible, refresh tracker info. Also go on the website and check for seeders. If there are few seeders, you should consider a different file. If it's a rare file, you might be SOL if the seeders are focusing their resources on other files they are seeding. You might have no choice but wait and hope they focus resources on that file sometime and you can nab it.

4. VPN settings generally shouldn't affect the file share on a file share program on your computer if I am not mistaken. However, it might affect the sharing on a seed box or something like that. (If you don't know what that is, you probably don't have one)

5. If all of the above is looking good and you still cannot share, the next level culprits are your network setups (ie: Router/modem blocking, QOS etc.) or the ISP. Assuming you're in Canada, it's likely not the ISP settings and your network settings/set up if you make it to step 5 with no transfers.
Thanks so much for this. I'm going to give it another try this evening and over the weekend. I don't suppose you happen to know if it matters if I set everything up with the VPN running or not? Like, can I turn it off, try and get everything up and running, then just switch it back on and do my thing? Or should I be trying to get it all going with the VPN active?

Quote:
Originally Posted by zamler View Post
In MacOS search for network utility one of the options is ping, type in the tracker name you see in your torrent client.
Thanks - I'll give this a try too.
BsFaninCGY is offline   Reply With Quote