View Single Post
Old 08-03-2012, 01:28 PM   #13
Coach
Franchise Player

Exp:

Quote:
Originally Posted by ken0042 View Post
Baaarrden- I know what I am going to say may sound harsh; however I ask these questions in the hopes it helps you get the answers that you need here.

- How long is the stretch of highway that we are talking about? For example, twinning 10 km is a lot cheaper than twinning 50 km.

- Is the twinning possibly on hold pending the SW ring Road plans?

- If the highway is twinned, will that possibly move the trouble spot further down the road? It's been a while since I drove that road, I am thinking it spills onto a 2 lane highway 22. My concern is that maybe if more of it is twinned; it will increase the truck traffic and make highway 22 that much un-safer.
I'm thinking it needs to be twined from the Glenmore/Sarcee intersection to at least the springbank turnoff, which is not very far (maybe 3 or 4 KM). Most of the congestion is from people going to communities inbetween those areas. After that its mostly trucks and the redwood/bragg crowd. Maybe twin it to the second elbow valley intersection (thats probably about 10KM). Either way I think they could do it rather quickly and since there is so much room on either side of the hwy constuction shouldnt disrupt traffic all that much.