View Single Post
Old 10-30-2020, 07:29 AM   #840
Table 5
Franchise Player

Exp:

Quote:
Originally Posted by I-Hate-Hulse View Post
But the Genesis - is this an 'enthusiast car' with legions willing to payup for a purple interior 7 years from now? This isn't exactly a Mclaren F1 in Gulf livery here. It's a luxobarge from Hyundai - I think it's safe to say no.
There aren't going to be legions for any Genesis, but yes I think in 7 years, the purple interior will be more desirable than a black one to enough people. Partly because it will be considerably rarer (chances are you'd have to special order it, as dealers always order the safe colors), and partly because the purple itself is actually pretty muted. I see this more like Lincoln Continental with it's blue interior, or the maroon interiors you used to see in cars decades ago....a bit of personality, but not necessarily outlandish. You're not going to get some wild price discrepancy like with an enthusiast car, but I think both will be seen as the one get if you can.

Personally I think a white interior would be harder to sell after 7 years. Those can look really rough with all the staining and cracking.
Table 5 is offline   Reply With Quote