View Single Post
Old 10-30-2020, 06:46 AM   #839
calgarygeologist
Franchise Player

Exp:

Quote:
Originally Posted by you&me View Post
But that's my point - it was a poor choice to use Pumpkin orange of the S60R as an example. All else being equal, the used S60R with the orange interior will sell quicker and for more money than one with a normal black or beige interior.

Funny enough, of the cars that are actually available with a lime green exterior, they tend to perform better when it comes to resale as well

That's not to say that the purple of the Hyundai, er, Genesis wil fare as well, only that the examples chosen were inaccurate.
I love the Volvo orange (Atacama) interiors. About 10 years I almost bought a used V70R and I was super excited because it had the orange interior option. I actually think it aged very well and it is a beautiful combination with a lot of exterior colors. The big thing for many of these types of interiors is that they don't always photograph very well. The orange Volvos can actually look pretty nasty in pictures but in person it is quite stunning. I haven't seen the purple Genesis but it might look great in person.

I've seen a few newer vehicles lately that have stunning white interiors and I would love to have white leather but the upkeep would be ridiculous. The worst part would be the disaster that the kids would cause on a white interior.
calgarygeologist is online now   Reply With Quote