View Single Post
Old 09-30-2020, 06:13 PM   #3375
bluejays
Franchise Player

Exp:

Quote:
Originally Posted by Inferno View Post
One thing that I really hope doesn't come out of making the playoffs this season is management extending him after his contract is done. He might be a nice guy but he's not the guy to take them to the next level.

You don't want an ####### as a manager who the players hate but you don't want someone who gives off the impression that losing is acceptable either. And then there's all the terrible decisions he's made.
Yeah. I have no doubt the guy is a good human. And maybe you need that for young potential stars and working with them. But they’re also athletes where they have to be taught consequences early on and I haven’t seen that. Perhaps it’s done behind closed doors but generally I don’t see it. Baseball is probably the easiest sport to coach once it’s game time. Charlie seems to make some puzzling decisions too often. I can maybe handle one more season of him. But he’s going to make some more obvious choices with his pitching.

As for getting a big name starter this off season, I still want to see more from the guys for one more season before getting a big guy. Too early to get too excited.
bluejays is online now   Reply With Quote