View Single Post
Old 02-03-2014, 10:26 AM   #7
GreenLantern
One of the Nine

Exp:

Quote:
Originally Posted by Phanuthier View Post
Not always true in the LA area..... you might want to check it out.
So far Fox, Avis and Hertz all seem to be ok with me dropping it off at LAX, but I am unfamiliar with any of these companies... have you used any of them or can you recommend a company you have used that didn't penalize a different drop off location?

Quote:
Originally Posted by DuffMan View Post
We took the train from LA to San Diego and back and I know it stops in Anaheim. It's cheap and they have beer on board.
From the train station in LA it was about $30 cab ride to Holywood. Looks like you are doing spa inbetween Anaheim and LA/Hollywood but if you were going direct I'd definitely take the train.
Also once you are in Hollywood, you can probably get anywhere just by taking tour buses.
The train is a good idea, I like beer, and I like the tour bus idea as well. I won't be actively seeking opportunities to drive, as little as I can do the better. The reason I don't mind paying more for a hotel that is closer to Hollywood. However, given the amount of ground we want to cover, particularly the outlet mall and the spa, I think it would be hard for us to get away with not renting a car.