View Single Post
Old 02-21-2015, 02:29 PM   #1046
4X4
One of the Nine

Exp:

Hello, you electronics geeks/geniuses... Can one of you suggest a product that will allow me to use my telus tv, play station and VCR on two different TVs that will be in the same room (all this receiver talk is what inspired this idea)?

Just so that you understand my madness, I have a small second TV in my living room so that I can keep the little one occupied with one of our dozens of Disney VHSs while I watch sports. But when I'm not watching something, I'd like to put her shows on the big TV. As it is now, I simply have two VCRs, but I am now imagining a world where I can let her watch some of the stuff on netflix kids so that I don't have to hear Ariel whine about wanting to be human for the 1000th time, while I'm watching hockey.

I know one solution is to buy a smart TV, but there's also the DVD thing, where we've got lots of things she can only watch on the big TV because that's where the PS3 is wired.

Basically I'm imagining a hub where all things go in, and I can decide what TV it gets played on. Suggestions?

Also, an afterthought question. If such a device exists that will do what I'm hoping, does anyone know if I could take this a step further and get a second telus box (like the tuner for the bedroom), and have two boxes going into the same receiver, and then play different live TV channels on the two TVs?

I know this is such a first world problem, I'm almost embarrassed. And I barely like TV. I just really like sports, and most of us here know that there are some pretty bad log jams at certain times of year with different pro seasons overlapping and playing at the same time.
4X4 is offline   Reply With Quote