View Single Post
Old 05-27-2022, 02:17 AM   #179
Philly06Cup
Closet Jedi

Exp:

Hope everyone had calmed down after that loss and outrageous disallowed goal.

I am damn proud of these Flames. Johnny went from a flailing superstar to a top two player in the entire league. Darryl is the coach of the year. Gaudreau-Lindholm-Tkachuk was the best line in hockey. Markstrom is a top 3 goalie. I'm not even being hyperbolic -- our team was that fn good. Their possession and fancy stats were amazing. They deserved to be where they were in the regular season, and that should be applauded.

From the midpoint of the season onward, the Flames were one of the top three teams most likely to win the Stanley Cup. Treliving built a bona fide 100% legitimate contender. As a fan, that's the most I could ask for from management. The building was full, there was excitement all around the city.

In round one, the Flames survived literally the greatest goalie performance of all time in a playoff series. Again, that is not an exaggeration. That was one of the greatest goalie battle series ever, culminating in a euphoric Game 7 overtime thriller. For many fans, that will be the greatest Flames experience of their lifetime.

Round 2.. sucked. Sometimes goalies run hot -- in this case, our goalie ran really really cold. They also faced a historic dynamic duo performance for the ages that they couldn't quite overcome. Full marks to McDavid -- he's one of a kind, and willed his team to victory.

Still. I will choose to focus on all the positives of the season. I hope others can, too.