Old 11-15-2019, 02:26 PM   #31
Hemi-Cuda
wins 10 internets

Exp:

Quote:
Originally Posted by flamesrule_kipper34 View Post
Hey guys,

So I'm reading great things on this thread about Nord especially. But question:

I'm looking to be able to watch Netflix/Amazon/Disney+ to make it look like I'm in the US and additionally I've noticed previously when I'm on VPN on my computer my Chromecast will now allow me to cast to my TV.

Are there any options (and/or how-to guides) as to what service I can use that will allow me to make it look like I'm in the US for those services AND additionally chromecast from my computer to my TV while I'm still physically in Canada.

Another pro would be if I can do all of the above in addition to my computer also via my phone/mobile device too and use the native apps (Netflix App, Amazon Prime and Disney+ App on my phone) and look like I'm in the US and chromecast via the app itself to my TV here while I physically sit in Canada.

Let me know if anyone has any thought/recommendations on this, thanks!
If you want guaranteed access to US streaming services, the only way is through a VPN provider that can also give you a personal static IP. Every standard VPN service has a pool of IP addresses that get handed out to their users when they connect, and Netflix/other streaming companies routinely block those addresses when they detect that they're being used by VPNs. With a dedicated IP, the only one using it is you so to Netflix and others you look like any normal user in the US

I just went through this myself with getting Hulu to work on my Shield. I already had a VPN through Private Internet Access and it worked for a while, but then it stopped so I had to shop around. Gave TorGuard a try for a month with a dedicated IP and it worked flawlessly. I was going to renew for one of their yearly plans but found out that PIA is working again, and my subscription is still good until August next year, so I'll keep using it until it stops again
Hemi-Cuda is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following User Says Thank You to Hemi-Cuda For This Useful Post: