View Single Post
Old 07-03-2020, 10:48 AM   #2236
CaptainCrunch
Norm!

Exp:

I agree with you, a lot of the writing does seem to go back to the end of the Bischoff era and start of the Russo era of WCW, where there was never any plan and they were booking on the fly, and there was absolutely no filter final say.

I've always said that the biggest killer of a company is having active wrestlers booking or writing. I also think that Khan wants to be seen as his own version of VKM, and he's writing a lot of this stuff, and its just in a lot of ways nonsense, or inside jokes to amuse the boys.

Personally with that mid card, and even that lower card. I would keep the story lines as simple as possible, I would also try to remove the temptation of 8 million story lines a night. There's almost so much happening that it becomes confusing.

They really need a filter in the booking committee. I'm still convinced that they should spend as much money as possible on getting a Paul Heyman there in a back stage role. The stuff that he was doing on Smackdown with elevating the lower mid card guys was starting to pay off when he was tossed.

I took a script writing class years ago, and one of the words of advice is, if you're laughing at your own writing, its probably too inside and nobody will get it. This is AEW right now.

Look on my Works, ye Mighty, and despair!
CaptainCrunch is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following User Says Thank You to CaptainCrunch For This Useful Post: