View Single Post
Old 07-03-2020, 10:35 AM   #2234
CaptainCrunch
Norm!

Exp:

Quote:
Originally Posted by rubecube View Post
Should be noted though that AEW did much better with the 18-49 demo than NXT, which is the number advertisers and networks are most concerned with.

I enjoyed Fyter Fest for the most part. Cody/Hager was what it was. I will say that for as much as he's a pretty bland wrestler, Cody makes up for it in terms of in-ring storytelling and psychology.

I thought Shida/Ford was pretty good and big step forward for the women's division.

MJF/Wardlow vs. JE was good but I think they're breaking up Wardlow and MJF too soon.

My one criticism would be that they're really overdoing the distracted ref stuff and it's coming across as pretty stupid. That said, it's kind of a minor quibble when compared to all of the ridiculous #### WWE does to insult the intelligence of its fans.

I'd give the show a solid 3.5/5. Not their best work but still enjoyable.

Noted, and I think your evaluation is pretty fair it was a solid 3 out of 5 show to me.

I think after watching AEW for a while that WWE was pretty bang on with Cody, he was a guy with upper midcard tools. He's not a top guy or a guy that should be in the upper card consistently. He is a good story teller in the ring, but he doesn't get me fired up to tune him in as a must see TV guy.

Maybe that changes with a heel turn.

I just didn't think all that much about the woman's match. It lacked chemistry and timing, and like I mentioned Shida surprised me because her offense just dosen't look like there's any impact to it, her punches and kicks look soft and pulled and Ford just looked really green and they stood around staring at each other waiting for big moves to hit.

MJF is absolutely fantastic, he's a joy to watch and he's got a real old school mentality to being a heel and he protects that character.

I think AEW has a good midcard roster, and a good lower card roster, and they need to re-adjust it. I think they really do lack in terms of their upper card. Moxley is that guy, but I thought he'd be better and more creative at it, after he showed so much promise especially after leaving WWE after being trapped in mid card hell.

I love Jericho, but at 49 he's fading in terms of his in ring work, I love the idea of him as a mouth piece and or a commentator. He can sell matches like nobodies business. But like I said, he spent a bunch of time feeeding Tony things to react to and all we got from Tony was a fading "Yeah ok". It was awful.

When I watched NXT versus AEW, I just think NXT was the more solid show this week. and has been for the last few.

Look on my Works, ye Mighty, and despair!
CaptainCrunch is offline   Reply With Quote