View Single Post
Old 01-19-2020, 07:13 PM   #3916
bluejays
Franchise Player

Exp:

Reading about the Hernandez trial while it was happening a few years back, all you could think of was that he was just a screw up and a gangster and was going to get everything he deserved.

After I seen the documentary, you realize that people are a lot more complex than just black and white and personally, I felt bad. He lived in a privileged neighborhood, and that was about it for the positive in the area he grew up in. It seems like his teenage years were a mess because of his parents and the circumstances of his life, and he made some very bad choices, but if he didn't have the guardianship to make those decisions, what can a person do? Then you add in the CTE, living in the closet, and all those factors and you realize the guy was a mess internally. I wouldn't go far as to say society let him down, but this was a series of negatives in this guys life that turned a possibly normal guy into an out of control maniac. It's simply a series of bad circumstances that you can't plan for with an individual like that.

Last edited by bluejays; 01-19-2020 at 07:15 PM.
bluejays is offline   Reply With Quote