View Single Post
Old 06-26-2018, 01:11 PM   #689
gottabekd
Powerplay Quarterback

Exp:

Quote:
Originally Posted by Yamer View Post
I'm confused about your confusion here, lol. Elsie was abducted by Bernard in the previous season. At that time he was still under Ford's control, and that was wiped from his memory. Same as when he was tasked with killing Theresa. How she physically ended up there was off-screen, and she has been there and tended to up until Ford was killed.

Once Ford is killed, the park is thrown into chaos. Bernard stumbles his way back to Elsie, slowly remembering what he did under Ford's control. Skip ahead, Bernard enters the Cradle, where Ford's digital copy is and merges with Bernard's mind. Digital Ford attempts to direct Bernard, but he erases him just before he leaves Elsie. Everything after that is Bernard imagining Ford's voice and guidance, as a kind of subconscious.

Maybe I misinterpreted and you got all that, but the time jumping was just too jarring to care anymore? If that's the case, different strokes I suppose. I enjoy trying to piece it all together since it forces me to invest more in the story and characters.
I probably should have rewatched season 1. I forgot about how Ford controlling Bernard manifests itself.

I guess what I mean is the time jumping, along with scenes such as entering the cradle where the reality blurs and Bernard's visions of Ford requires some careful attention. Watching week-to-week without really thinking about or discussing the events in-between, I was just pushed a little over the threshold of having it all straight in my head.

After the finale I quickly skipped back to past episodes to cover some of the scenes I was unsure about and I recognized that it wasn't really that complex. I just haven't been that invested in season 2, so I was more casually watching it. But watching this season in this way sort of had a negative feedback loop. Misinterpreting one scene means future scenes make less sense, which made me tune out a bit more, which made me care less about future plot points.
gottabekd is offline   Reply With Quote