View Single Post
Old 09-12-2020, 12:25 PM   #5577
PaperBagger'14
Franchise Player

Exp:

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mr.Coffee View Post
Coal exports are set to expand on the west coast to supply Asia with the energy they require. Meanwhile leaner fuel sources such as lighter end petroleum products are left in the dust. Still massively in demand- we just refuse to give it to them for no reason (literally). I can’t get more specific than that, but it is precisely what is happening.

I don’t know how this reconciles with Trudeau’s green energy future but for some reason I guess I’m cynical that Trudeau’s green energy future has very, very, very little to do with green just like all other counter-logical Canadian decisions and policies put forward over the last few years have been when it comes to actually giving a #### about the environment (hint: nobody actually does).

I wonder when Trudeau and friends will realize that Asian energy demand is consumed actually in the same biosphere as ours? That the same air we all share on Earth is actually... you know... connected.
If its the same coal as whats mined out of south eastern BC, that coal isn't used as energy, rather for its uses in metallurgy. Since it is of very high quality, that coal is often used in the production of metals as it has very few contaminants compared to your average coal.

I'm not saying that's what its used for, I was just under the assumption that if its coal from BC, its probably metallurgical.
PaperBagger'14 is offline   Reply With Quote