View Single Post
Old 01-16-2021, 12:45 AM   #6
#-3
#1 Goaltender

Exp:

Posted a reply in the other thread, but moving it here.

It's kind of a funny show, because they are clearly riffing of weekly serial sitcoms through the ages, but I'm not certain the episodes will hold up on their own, as sitcom episodes are usually designed to do.

I'm going remain pretty optimistic it can hit Marvels high standards, and these two episodes just had to do some heavy lifting on the world/relationship building. So far it's missing that narrative action, aside from the excessively direct foreshadowing, I think once our characters really start to feel the sense of mystery or action or threat along with us, the pace will pickup, it seems clear the bee keeper was the first step in that direction.

I'm also thinking there is some Awareness/Self Denialism going on with Wanda. The rewinding clearly shows she is hiding from something she doesn't want to face, and has some level of control over this world.

I'm hoping one of the more interesting mysteries become weather of not this is Visions consciousness trapped somewhere, or a simulation of Vision being generated somehow. I think there is space for a key plot conflict there.

What's with the 7 minute long credits for a TV show? There giving every episode feature film credit treatment. I fast forwarded through them in case they were pulling an MCU on us, with a joke at the end. They aren't
#-3 is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to #-3 For This Useful Post: