View Single Post
Old 05-26-2020, 10:37 PM   #60
Acey
Franchise Player

Exp:

Quote:
Originally Posted by TheScorpion View Post
First of all, I had no idea you're black. And of course you're aware of the struggle and you have your own feelings about this situation. I wasn't trying to be sanctimonious or anything like that.
I stated it above, but I guess it wasn't clear. Still, I would like to apologize to everyone, I overreacted in the last 2 posts. I just got off a phone call with my mom and these things end up being pretty emotional for us. She always eventually breaks down in these phone calls and talks about how terrified she was that my brother or I would have a run-in with the police and not come home. I've had a few text convos with friends and cousins tonight for reassurances that they're not going out tonight to throw rocks at anybody.

I'm maybe too close to this issue to comment with my head on straight. But if the question is whether or not black Americans have the right to be outraged, rest assured we are in a perpetual state of outrage to the point of tears that this keeps happening over and over again.
The Following 28 Users Say Thank You to Acey For This Useful Post: