View Single Post
Old 02-06-2019, 09:51 AM   #2103
Maritime Q-Scout
Ben

Exp:

Quote:
Originally Posted by Wormius View Post
Anybody else have luck trying to change flights if you are in for a long layover? I originally had just 2 hrs in SFO but because of the passport name snafu I had to rebook and got to a less optimal one that’s almost 10hrs. Figure it’s worth a shot asking or will AC expect money for catching an earlier flight? Or should I just embrace the layover and do something in the city?
London ON (YXU) to Toronto they offered to put me standby on an earlier flight. No charge.

Air Canada happily rerouted me when my YYZ yo YQY flight was cancelled (rebooked to the night flight the next day). They rerouted me for the 8am flight to Halifax then connecting to Sydney.

On a comfort fare they rerouted me on a direct Toronto to Sydney flight as opposed to a later connection in Halifax.

Best thing you can do is smile with open body language and be willing to accept them not bending the rules.

Depending on the fare there could be a charge. My folks paid $75 each on a rewards ticket which eliminated about 10 hours of travel time.

If there is room, they will move you. Check your fare rules and above all else be polite and friendly.

"Calgary Flames is the best team in all the land" - My Brainwashed Son
Maritime Q-Scout is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following User Says Thank You to Maritime Q-Scout For This Useful Post: