View Single Post
Old 10-13-2018, 06:41 PM   #74
soulchoice
First Line Centre

Exp:

Quote:
Originally Posted by Diemenz View Post
^

A mesh system won’t fix the terrible arris modem Shaw has. If you can a good connection now without any drop outs then I wouldn’t be concerned. For a mesh system to be viable it should serve a purpose (multiple devices, dead spots, full speed needed in all areas etc.)

I’m a fan of the Lyra after they fixed the backhall issues and I don’t know what D-Link you are referring to but the orbi performs top tier for net based tasks. For a simple system it is one of the best out there (it just doesn’t like switches as much as some others). The TP-Link Deco M5 is on sale at Best Buy for $250 (the same as the Lyra currently) and I don’t think you can go wrong with either of those for that price. The Velop comes in two forms a tall system that works great and a short chubby system that is ####. I bought the tall version and have loved it but not all users need that hardcore of a system and like I mentioned before the $250 price tag on the Lyra and Deco make them great buys.
Thanks for the info! Very much appreciated. I just did some tests and my DL speeds vary between 130-170 in most areas of the house. Only the bonus room goes down to about 90, so I am not sure if i truly need a mesh system at the moment. However for $250 it might not be a bad option, as thats inexpensive.

Do you have 150 or 300? Is it worth going to 300 in reality, is the big question.
soulchoice is offline   Reply With Quote