View Single Post
Old 10-01-2018, 10:00 AM   #70
Diemenz
First Line Centre

Exp:

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fuzz View Post
Any last opinions before I order the one above? I figure for $20 more I may as well go for the newer version.
I have not owned either (which is odd because I buy new networking systems about every 3 months) but remember newer is not always better. The 1900 has been reviewed gloriously over its lifetime and the 2300 has been reviewed just ok with some complaints of slower N speeds over short distances. I had the original nighthawk and was not a fan but the later ones were way better.

If you start creeping into that dollar value there also is a few other options out there to consider like the Asus 86u which I have yet to hear a single complaint about.

Edit: a quick look online says that the 7000p issues were resolved with a few firmware updates and there is not an issue with short burst n devices any longer. In my opinion knowing this would make me get the 7000p over the 7000 because of the small price difference but it is really not that much of an upgrade over the original spec wise.

More edit: I would personally get the a86u if I was spending 200 on a single router but I have always loved asus. If the velop system I have now was not as unbelievably stable and amazing I would be using asus mesh with two a86u routers.

Last edited by Diemenz; 10-01-2018 at 10:22 AM.
Diemenz is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following User Says Thank You to Diemenz For This Useful Post: