View Single Post
Old 07-18-2017, 12:15 PM   #58
Cali Panthers Fan
Franchise Player

Exp:

Quote:
Originally Posted by GioforPM View Post
Because Gaudreau's offence makes up for his lack of D so much so that he is better. Would you say Backlund is better than Gaudreau?

Because Giordano is, IMO one of the top all around defencemen in the league. And only a couple years removed from serious Norris discussions. IMO his play in the second half was as good as ever.

Maybe I'm underselling Barkov, but I don't think he's as good as those two guys.

eta: this isn't a Monahan v. Barkov comparison as your post suggests.
Respectfully, I would trade Gaudreau for Barkov in an instant. I love his skill, but he's still small and is quite weak in his own zone. If the puck goes up the boards to his wing, it's often a struggle of herculean proportions just to get the puck out of the zone for him. Barkov has zero problems in his own zone, not to mention how much more valuable he is as a center than a winger, even one so talented as Gaudreau.

Gio is the only one who is on Barkov's level, but I like the overall package Barkov gives a bit more. He's still the better player in my eyes.
Cali Panthers Fan is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Cali Panthers Fan For This Useful Post: