Thread: 2021 NFL Season
View Single Post
Old 10-19-2021, 08:24 AM   #1022
Erick Estrada
Franchise Player

Exp:

Quote:
Originally Posted by Senator Clay Davis View Post
I mean the coin toss is literally gambling lol, if the Titans win it and go straight down the field then they win(for the record they had scored on their previous six possessions if you ignore the end of half possessions where they kneeled). It was the right call, not even close, it was just poorly executed. If you don't just do a power QB sneak then they should have gotten Josh to the edge where he can have options. Just a poor play call. Kicking there is playing not to lose which, more often than not, results in losing.
Really though even if you make the 1st down they have to then take an immediate time out and you have 20 seconds to run two plays (maybe 3) and the 2nd play being the FG if they don't get a TD on 1st down. I just didn't see the upside with the amount of time left on the clock as your offensive plays are limited with no time to work with.

OT is set up pretty well to get both teams a possession so the coin flip to me isn't a big deal. Like I said before all the Bills defense had to do was not let Henry run through them for a big gain and I would take those odds. I feel pretty strongly the Bills are 5-1 today if they kick the FG but they are 4-2 because the coach decided to risk the game on one play.
Erick Estrada is offline   Reply With Quote