View Single Post
Old 04-30-2019, 08:50 AM   #35
GioforPM
Franchise Player

Exp:

Quote:
Originally Posted by VilleN View Post
Remember when everyone thought we were a bubble team heading into the season? All things considered, the season- including playoffs wasn’t as awful as it seems.

Half our defence core is 22 or younger. Our top line are 25 and younger. The team definitely needs some tweaks, but I believe development and maturity will be the biggest factors in this team’s ability to win in the postseason.

50 wins and an, albeit, lacklustre first round exit for a team that looked horrific and missed the playoffs last year. Things are still trending up. This is still part of the process. Not all teams take the exact same path. We have a good team and, for the next few years we have a chance at a run in April. It’s really not so bad right now, all things considered. This is still the best team from top to bottom that I have seen as a Flames fan.
I actually didn't think they were a bubble team but I also didn;t think they were a first place team. I figured them for the third place Pacific or fairly solid 2nd wild card. and then a tough time to win a round, being the underdog. And that the upcoming season would see them contending for the upper spots.

But, yeah, this is sorta like when Hartley's team overachieved and changed the expectations for the following year. The team regressed a bit. This time it happened in the POs instead of the next season.

That all said, I think that there are legit concerns about how the team is built as far as playoff hockey is concerned, at least until PO hockey resembles regular season hockey more (reffing etc).
GioforPM is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following User Says Thank You to GioforPM For This Useful Post: