View Single Post
Old 04-28-2017, 07:04 AM   #751
Bigtime
Franchise Player

Exp:

Quote:
Originally Posted by snootchiebootchies View Post
My wife and I tried out Po-Ke in Crescent Heights last week. It's a small establishment, but that's fine as it is mainly for food pick-up and there is not much sit-down capacity inside. Pretty expensive for what you get (compared to our last Po-Ke meal in Los Angeles) but their Po-Ke Special Bowl was pretty darn yummy. My wife got the Traditional Bowl and we found that one to be kind of bland. Customers can get a frequent purchase card and every seventh bowl is free, which makes the average price a little more attractive if you can go there that frequently. Their beverage selection was pretty unique but the bottled drinks turned out to be pretty pricey as well. The one thing I also liked was there was no prompt for tip when you pay by debit/credit, and there was no tip jar.
We went last weekend, I second the Po-Ke Special bowl being very tasty. My wife went with the Salmon bowl and really liked it also. We both got the large protein size and I was quite happy with the amount of fish in both. We also tried one of of those SPAM Musubi's. Different but tasty.

No shortage of folks coming in around 7pm and there was usually a line. Seems to be the place to be right now. One complaint, they need a recycling bin. Only had a trash bin on site.
Bigtime is offline   Reply With Quote