Thread: S.h.i.e.l.d.
View Single Post
Old 09-28-2013, 05:20 PM   #37
trackercowe
Franchise Player

Exp:

They should try and get Chris Evans to star on the show, as Captain America and the Agents of Shield would sell a heck of a lot better than what they have now. Evans doesn't seem to be doing that much else, and if they paid him top dollar he'd make great money career wise compared to the movies he makes. They also could get cameos out of actors like Ruffalo, Jackson, and perhaps Renner. The bigger names probably aren't options, but those four in particular could make the occasional appearance on the show (based on their movie schedules).

I thought the show was alright, and pretty much had the same thoughts as everyone else. Skye and Coulson were really the only interesting characters (although the European chick was pretty hot), and it does suffer from Smallville syndrome where mentioning bigger themes is the only thing that occasionally peeked my interest.

If they can't get Evans or other Avengers cast-mates on the show they really need to consider bringing in other actual Marvel characters in eventually. I know some are best saved for movies, but there are smaller characters that would work better in television format. Heck why not have a storyline that brings Thomas Jane back in as The Punisher? I bet he'd jump on board to do that, and then eventually transition his appearance into more Punisher movies down the road now that Marvel/Disney owns his rights. The Avengers hype will only give this show so much life, and eventually they will need to find other ways to keep viewers interested.
trackercowe is offline   Reply With Quote