View Single Post
Old 10-12-2017, 10:12 AM   #3456
JerryUnderscore
Scoring Winger

Exp:

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fan in Exile View Post
Okay, I guess I fanned the flames on this. But I did qualify all of my statements. I said if things aren't resolved soon, I can see Jankowski demanding a trade next summer. Is that really so far-fetched?
It's far-fetched in that it seems out of character for Jankowski.

He could have used the fact that he was a 1st round pick to "demand" a particular role in Providence yet he didn't.

He could have "demanded" that the Flames burn the first year of his ELC the way they did with Gaudreau and threatened to explore free agency if they didn't capitulate to his demands yet he didn't.

He could have demanded a trade already based on the fact that he should have made the team yet he hasn't.

None of us know Mark Jankowski personally, so we can't speak to what's going on in his head, but everything that we've seen from him over the last five years indicates he's patient and willing to pay his dues.

Generally speaking, both in hockey and in life, it doesn't do you well to make demands and bully your way through situations. Jankowski will get his chance and it will probably be sooner rather than later.