View Single Post
Old 09-12-2017, 12:21 PM   #1
AC
Resident Videologist

Exp:
icon57 Article: Hamonic-Brodie duo excited for the future

https://www.nhl.com/flames/news/hamo...re/c-291013782

Quote:
"If it's what the coaches decide to do, I'll consider myself pretty lucky,'' says new boy Travis Hamonic of a highly-anticipated defensive collaboration alongside TJ Brodie.

"The way he skates, his decisiveness and ability to handle the puck, how he gets back in the play and up in the rush.

"Makes my job easier.

"I'd be pretty fortunate."
Quote:
"I'd watched him since I got drafted, admired the way he played. Such an easy guy to read off of."

Stylistically, the pair seem ideally suited: Brodie's innate offensive instincts, skimming across the surface of the ice as if he were riding a customized hovercraft; Hamonic's combination of flint and finesse.

The two have been working on their camaraderie during structured but informal on-ice sessions at WinSport over the past week, with an eye to the opening of training camp Friday.

"(Hamonic) is just a great all-around defenceman,'' says Brodie. "Tough to find a flaw. Just skating with him a little while out here … it's not game-intensity or anything but he skates really well, good first pass and knows how to locate space which makes it easy for everyone on the ice.
AC is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following 34 Users Say Thank You to AC For This Useful Post: