View Single Post
Old 10-04-2020, 07:40 PM   #2709
Cecil Terwilliger
That Crazy Guy at the Bus Stop

Exp:

How much better would endgame have been if they used the stones to turn back time instead of the idiotic unsnap BS that they laughably explained away in FFH? It’s so goddamn stupid it tarnishes the movie.

Now instead, imagine if the five year gap still exists, but now Tony has to make a decision to keep his happy life with wife and kid or turn back time to save half the universe while wiping his kid from existence? Especially if he’s sacrificing his life, meaning he’ll be snapping his child out of existence and dying, so he won’t be able to have that family again. Now that’s a sacrifice.

Tony turns back time to pre-snap IW time and they defeat Thanos, then Tony dies from the overwhelming power of the gauntlet. Everyone’s memory of the five years is wiped like it never happened, mainly because it didn’t happen since Tony turned back time. But future Tony embedded a message to Pepper in his suit (not unlike the hologram he did record in endgame).

Pepper and crew watches it, seeing Tony talk about their happy life with child in the future, only now do they all realize what an insane sacrifice he made, wiping his future family from existence. This would be news to everyone because it’s the pre-snap versions of themselves. For them there was no five year gap.

Final scene sees Pepper walk up to the casket and she places an ultrasound on the casket and says “Tony, you’re gonna be a father” or “Tony, meet [insert future daughters name here].” Credits. #### I’m balling in the theatre if that happens.

Tell me that’s not like 5000 times better than that lame ass BS everyone comes back from the snap and somehow it doesn’t cause mass hysteria across the ####ing universe 10x worse than the original Thanos snap did after they’ve been gone for 5 years crap we got.

Yes I watched endgame 3 weeks ago and I’m still fuming about this. I have been since the movie came out.

And FFS, it should have been called Avengers Forever, like the time travel limited series. Yes I know there was a Batman movie called forever and the Avengers comic isn’t about Thanos but I don’t care. It was the perfect title.

It would also make Dr Strange’s premonition way more powerful and help explain why he didn’t want to tell anyone how it worked because he knew what it meant for Tony. Plus you could have had some poignant scenes with Tony and Steve about living life to the fullest.

The best part is, the plot of endgame wouldn’t have to change one iota. Everything still works, only this version he snaps back to pre IW snap, instead of just bringing people back into the future. Except maybe Steve’s weird alternate life thing which, while nice, was kinda dumb when you break it down. He just as easily could have got his own message from future Tony that inspires him to pass on the shield and go live his life.

Last edited by Cecil Terwilliger; 10-04-2020 at 08:12 PM.
Cecil Terwilliger is offline   Reply With Quote