View Single Post
Old 09-18-2017, 11:00 AM   #271
Senator Clay Davis
Franchise Player

Exp:

I still need to rewatch the fight broadcast since (humble brag) I was there to see it live. Watching it live I had GGG winning 116-112, I gave Canelo 1, 2, 10 and 11. I could see 3 and 12 being close, but GGG was working the jab better and was pushing Canelo around even if Canelo was fighting back. I also was pretty amazed all night by GGG's movement and footwork, he basically made Canelo go where he wanted to all night, and Canelo was basically forced into being a pure counter punches are could rarely take the fight to GGG.

A rematch on paper will be very interesting, GGG knows Canelo can't hurt him and even though Canelo took some good shots himself, he didn't take any clean ones to the chin, unlike GGG who took a few and just sort of shrugged them off. Still think GGG finishes him if he catches him in the chin flush. So does GGG go all out for the knockout knowing leaving it to the cards isn't worth the risk? Does Canelo plan to be even more defensive knowing he can probably win the cards with a counter punching effort?