View Single Post
Old 05-27-2020, 12:39 AM   #19
CaptainCrunch
Norm!

Exp:

So with Spring Ball being cancelled, and hearing that if Bantam happens it won't happen to late fall, I don't have any prep or coaching to do.

I was rumbling through my youtube channel and had some highlights and plays from teams I've coached, and thought I'd put them up for anyone that's bored and wants to watch some football action

Calgary Rage 5 years ago. Yeah there's some cheesy stuff at the start and at the end, but its the season highlights from about 5 years ago when I was the DC over there.

From the Cowboys about 4 years ago. I designed a Guard around play, because the kid that played guard was playing his last game in the program and we were trailing late in the game and this was the only way I could think to thank him.

This one was kind of redemption for me, We were trailing by a touchdown and the offense wasn't moving the ball at all. I got my head ripped off by my headcoach, and during an injury time out made an adjustment to 37 toss out of pistol by pulling a linemen. Just before the play was snapped, I walked by my head coach and told him to get the convert team ready. I was lucky it worked

I was so surprised that the defense dropped back so far on this call and the clear out worked so well, that if you listen closely you can hear me dropping an unintentional happy f-bomb on the side lines, and then got lectured about my language by the line judge.

I Actually felt so bad about this play, time was running out, we were blowing them out and all I wanted to do was kill the clock and called a 21 dive, The last thing I ever want to do is rub another teams nose in it.

When I was with the Cowboys, I was always lucky because I always had really good receivers, but the adjustment to this ball was ridonkulous. That QB, eventually became one of the best gunslinging QB's that I've ever coached. We were throwing 75% of the time in his last year.

Really this one ranks as one of my favorite passing plays of all time, Again that Quarterback was such a student of the game and by the time his bantam career ended his arm strength was ridonkulous

I love a good running back screen pass, but I never expect them to do much except make a defense stop blitzing. This was my backup running back who doubled as a fullback, and I loved this kid because he was the most sarcastic kid in the world. He was the ahole that every team needs, but he was also the best team guy and hardest working half skill guy that I ever coached.

I hate horizontal screens and this one was a disaster waiting to happen, but somehow it worked even though I thought when I saw their defense line up that this was a pick 6 in the making

I think I posted this earlier this year. But I moved onto the Colts Bantam team this year. We didn't have the athletes that I had with the Cowboys, and I lost my starting Qb in the third play of week one, and I didn't have fast receivers, and our oline really struggled, I took a lot of pride in that we in week 6 completely re designed our offense to a 3 back set offense for one formation and a spread 6 for another. We also in that week had to take our safety and teach him how to be a QB. The funniest part of this new offense is we had an angel and devil call and a whiskey audible. And one parent didn't like the use of Satan in the playbook and another very nicely asked me to change the whisky call to baby food.

Look on my Works, ye Mighty, and despair!
CaptainCrunch is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following User Says Thank You to CaptainCrunch For This Useful Post: