View Single Post
Old 08-13-2019, 10:43 AM   #1073
CaptainCrunch
Norm!

Exp:

Quote:
Originally Posted by SuperMatt18 View Post
I'm not sure how I felt about the Neck Snap in the Fiend match.

Think that was good for a one off...but don't think that should be a staple of his moveset. The mandible claw though was awesome in how devistating Bray and Finn made that look.

And yeah his appearances need to be limtied to just PPVs or go home shows. Keep the Firefly Funhouse to build the fueds and then The Fiend only appears for the matches.

Everything from the lighting, to the lantern, to his them music, even to his exit was just perfect.

I've been thinking about the fiend a bit. I loved the entrance and the leadup with the funhouse. It was a brilliant build to a debut. Even changing Bray's entrance movie and not just having a creepy version of the funhouse theme was brilliant.

Everything about the presentation worked really well.

I'm not sure about the in ring stuff, while they made some changes, the mandible claw and the next break, at the same time a lot of it was the same old Bray, which is ok, but a new darker character should be able to execute his move set in a different way.

The problem with monster gimmicks is three fold

1) There's never a clearly defined end game/goal. They in for destruction, you feed them opponents, then eventually feed the monster to an upper card guy who basically defeats the evil.

2) They burn out pretty quickly, after people get over the shock and awe of the cool entrances and masks and music, fans will cool off on it, and suddenly you see the monster at the start of the card destroying jobbers because the bookers don't know where to go with it.

3) By its nature, they can never go far enough with the character. I mean the ultimate booking should be that the monster either kills someone or deals a devastating injury that can define the monster. So again the Monster becomes a hollow shell of what it should be.

I mean in terms of booking the match with Finn, I like that they showed a conflicting nature of Bray/monster, and in a brilliant piece of booking when the Fiend tried to use Bray's finishing move it backfired and the fiend took completely over. But to me, Finn almost got too much offense in on the Fiends debut match. This literally should have been a 2 minutes devastating squash.

To me the next snap should have been used better as well. With Finn having nothing to do, and not being that interesting. Why not do a devastating injury.

The fiend comes up behind Finn and grabs him in the next snap and seems to relish the moment before he does the twist. Finn goes down and lays on the mat, maybe give him a leg twitch or something. Suddenly the house lights come up and the paramedics rush into the ring to attend to him. The Fiend retreats and sits on the top turnbuckle looking almost emotionless. The Paramedics put the next brace on and carefully roll him over and snap him onto the stretcher, I mean really sell it. Then as they start carting him to the back, the Fiend comes off of the top rope and crashes through Finn on the stretcher. Then the lights go out and when they come on the fiend is gone. The paramedics frantically strap Finn onto a new stretcher and rush him off to the hospital.

After the show WWE.com stats that Finn has suffered a devastating injury and details will be released as they come in. Then you spread it out over a couple of days. Eventually the good news that Finn has regained feeling in his extremities but he's out for some time.

Now you've got a real monster, you've got a ready made story for Balor if you want to do it.

Look on my Works, ye Mighty, and despair!
CaptainCrunch is offline   Reply With Quote