View Single Post
Old 07-17-2019, 06:50 AM   #30
devo22
Franchise Player

Exp:

let's all laugh at Leeds. There's no bigger humiliation in football than Phil Jones scoring a goal against you.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bagor View Post
That's the thing. I get that they need a CB but Maguire to me reeks of their typical kneejerk overpaying reaction.
Sure he might be the best available at this moment in time. Sure he might be an upgrade in what we have, But at that price is he someone that I believe that will put them over the top for a long time the way Rio did? I don't believe it.
My point is, if OGS believes he is someone to anchor the defence for years to come then by all means, go for it. If, however he feels he is simply a very good upgrade then I would prefer they walk away and show a bit more patience.
see, that's where I think that the club is in a lose-lose situation. If they sign Maguire, it's seen as desperation and overpayment. If they don't sign Maguire, it's seen as sitting on their hands and acceptance of mediocrity. Personally I prefer option A because I want the club to improve ... and Maguire does improve the defense, I don't think there's any doubt about that.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Slava View Post
They have to be a sure thing for relegation? I know that kind of prediction before a ball is kicked seems silly, but are there going to be three teams worse?
yeah, hard to think of three at the moment. Definitely looking grim for them, Benitez did extremely well keeping them up in the first place.
devo22 is offline   Reply With Quote