View Single Post
Old 04-29-2019, 08:16 AM   #1
CaptainCrunch
Norm!

Exp:
Default new bantam football thread

So, after being done with my former organization the Cowboys, and being a bit burned out on football, and coaching, I was content to sit on the sidelines this season. I had packed away my binders and playbooks, and looked at the video of last year one last time before logging out.

Don't get me wrong, I was pretty proud of what I'd achieved and I enjoyed working with the coaches and loved working with the players.

However, last week I was contacted for a coach for another Bantam Program last week. He asked me to take a meeting as he was looking for coaches and he is a new head coach for the program.

I had a good meeting, we talked philosophy and football and coaching for nearly two hours, and I heard a lot of things that I really liked. I heard a different philosophy then what I'd been dealing with over the last few years.

Plus with working from home, I realized that I needed a summer time volunteer philosophy that would get me out of the house and outdoors during the summer months.

During the conversation, I realized that I still think I have something to offer youth football, now I'm not so egotistical to believe that I can save football, or that players will flock to this program. However this program is honestly going to spend the next year developing players and encouraging talent, and that's a challenge that I can get behind.

I know I'm going to be on the offensive side of the ball, whether I'm running an offense or coaching a position I don't know, that's the next discussion.

However one other thing I know, I won't be traveling across the city to do it.

Look on my Works, ye Mighty, and despair!
CaptainCrunch is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to CaptainCrunch For This Useful Post: