View Single Post
Old 01-21-2022, 04:37 PM   #57
cheevers
Scoring Winger

Exp:

Quote:
Originally Posted by Muta View Post
Love to see that core return! Awesome news! Only person missing is Klomp, haha. Except Di Chiara... he can go play somewhere else.

As well, in regards to Sherm's posts above... I absolutely love the Cavs, and I love the CPL. That said, if this league doesn't succeed in the long-term for whatever reason, and the stronger clubs aren't the issue - I would have no problem with this team and organization having other pro league / MLS aspirations one day. I know for a fact the CSEC was interested in having an MLS tenant in their west village sports district concept at one time. I think with the right facility and the right growth of the game across Calgary and Canada in the next 10-15 years, it could be a possibility.
I feel like the MLS is just such a non-entity to us. Even if we were desperate to join, they already have what, 30ish teams, and a few more coming (St. Louis maybe?). How big would you expect that league to get, the biggest leagues in North America are 32 teams, it can only have so many teams. I don't think Calgary would be anywhere near the list to get a team ever.
cheevers is online now   Reply With Quote