View Single Post
Old 05-25-2021, 08:07 AM   #225
Street Pharmacist
Franchise Player

Exp:

Quote:
Originally Posted by stampsx2 View Post
Because when humanity doesn’t learn from it’s mistakes it’s bound to repeat them.

Knowing what went wrong can help make sure a similar event doesn’t happen in the future. Did someone drop a test tube, was someone unqualified handling the virus, was there a lack of funding around equipment or lab safety?

I’ll read your link.

The facility in Wuhan is a BSL4 which has the same safety protocols as elsewhere. I believe there were non Chinese scientists in the lab as well, and protocols for these labs I believe are pretty standard.

The reason is say it doesn't matter, it's that this certainly isn't a lab created virus. While we don't have the exact missing link coronavirus this evolved from, there's literally millions of different strains of the coronavirus in mammals all over the globe and this is how they evolve. This was a naturally occurring virus waiting for a human host, so shouldn't our efforts be directed at dealing with emerging zoonotic pathogens? Strengthening lab protocols isn't going to stop the next pandemic as this is exactly how the next one will come anyways. If it escaped from a lab or simply found a human host from it's origin, what we need to do is the same: be vigilant, share info, invest in public health
Street Pharmacist is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to Street Pharmacist For This Useful Post: