View Single Post
Old 04-19-2017, 12:35 PM   #3321
Regular_John
First Line Centre

Exp:

Quote:
Originally Posted by jayswin View Post
I don't want to take away from what they did at McDonalds, but holy ill advised. I'm sure it was in the moment and they probably just got excited about stopping a criminal, but just a phone call to police was the proper procedure there.

I know if I knew a guy was on the lam for murder and was considered armed and dangerous the absolute last thing I'm doing is purposely delaying him, thinking he won't pick up on my clever little tactic.

From a self preservation perspective, two scenarios you just invited are either him wising up, getting anxious and deciding to take out more victims, or the police actually arriving at McDonalds and that's where the show down is.

Kudos to them for having the gall to get involved in such a volatile situation, though.
I know when I worked at McDonald's in high school, it was standard operating procedure to ask suspected drunk drivers in the drive through to pull into the waiting area as their order "would be a few minutes". Then we'd call the cops and report them, the real kicker being we'd still bring them their food once we saw the cops pull into the parking lot.

So it's possible the staff were doing exactly what they were trained to do "If you suspect a danger exist, ask the customer to pull into a parking spot to wait for their order, then call law enforcement."