View Single Post
Old 04-18-2017, 11:52 AM   #38
PsYcNeT
Franchise Player

Exp:

Quote:
Originally Posted by GoinAllTheWay View Post
Doesn't work for me either but they are fun. Drop in with everyone as soon as bailing from the plane becomes available and get ready for a ride!

However, the strategy of bailing solo and ninja stepping your way across the map can get hard on the nerves. Smashed my knees into my desk on more than a few occasions when shots suddenly ring out of no where.

That's one of the biggest issues I'm having now and not sure if it's just me or something in the game. If I'm creeping along and someone starts shooting at me, I have a tough time trying to figure out the direction its coming from. Gunfire off in the distance? No problem tracking its source but in close, really tough at times.
Yeah I hear you. I have a USB-based digital 7.1 sim-surround Razer Megalodon that I typically use because it's comfortable and lightweight, but I'm finding the sound separation in game is difficult (and probably due to the mediocre nature of the audio with my headset).

A few days ago I dug out my old first generation analog 5.1 Tritton AX headset (which literally weighs 3 lbs and plugs in using 3 2.5mm jacks plus an AC power source) that I retired due to discomfort and was magically able to hear everything going on, right down to gunfire placement and exact footstep locations. The thing can only be gamed with for ~45m before my neck gets sore though.

Thinking about upgrading my headset now...

Quote:
Originally Posted by MrMastodonFarm View Post
Settle down there, Temple Grandin.
PsYcNeT is offline   Reply With Quote