View Single Post
Old 07-26-2021, 10:20 AM   #871
RichieRich
First Line Centre

Exp:

Quote:
Originally Posted by RichieRich View Post
Yah I hear ya... had a contract from early Q1 until end May then the work dried up so I've SOL since then. Also had a few interviews (which is a "win" in itself). Have tried to get back onto EI so will see if they at least give me that. Otherwise, for O&G environment, the traditional July/August doldrums continue with a side of Covideria. Hoping Sept onwards starts picking up as the world reopens.

If anything, consider July/Aug a great time to just network and chat. Make those calls to friends and colleagues and just shoot the sh*t with them. Don't make it so much about "hey I need a job"... show that you care, have a personality, can listen to them, and find ways to help them out (ie advise, or sharing leads, etc...). Who knows, you might even get a free coffee out of it or even some wings. But don't give up... the squeaky wheel eventually gets the grease.
Looks like I finally have a contract offer coming in... wow rates have sure declined especially for senior guys. Better a low-rate than a NO-rate.
RichieRich is offline   Reply With Quote
The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to RichieRich For This Useful Post: