View Single Post
Old 03-07-2017, 01:52 PM   #53
Senator Clay Davis
Franchise Player

Exp:

Quote:
Originally Posted by rubecube View Post
What are you talking about? The Eagles have a bunch of cap issues right now and next year it gets even worse. They'll release or trade Barwin, Mathews and a couple others but they won't exactly be swimming in cap space after free agent signings and rookie contracts are accounted for.

Disagree on Williams. I have both Ross and Davis ahead of him. The guy is a big dude but there are major concerns about his ability to get separation and run a full route tree at the pro level. I'd also add that his vertical jump at the combine wasnt exactly inspiring. I think his ceiling is a poor man's Kelvin Benjamin.
Don't forget releasing Chase Daniel. They are kind of up against the cap, but that's with like 50 guys signed. They won't be in a cap nightmare situation I guess is what I mean.. As far as FA signings, isn't that what getting Cooks is essentially? The fact New England came calling for Cooks is a pretty strong endorsement that he's really good and worth acquiring.

Now with regards to Williams vs. Ross, well, look at the last games of the season for both. Went up against the only defense in America that is close to NFL level in Alabama. Ross put up 5 catches for 28 yards and a fumble. Williams put up 8 for 94 yards and a touchdown, and as we remember he made several big time plays down the stretch. I wouldn't quite call him Mike Evans level, but he can be just a level below that which is mighty good.