View Single Post
Old 05-13-2019, 04:54 PM   #144
GranteedEV
Franchise Player

Exp:

Quote:
Originally Posted by Johnny Makarov View Post
Have you not watched him play the past 4 years? He prob leads the league in offensive zone penalties and has negligible offensive finish.
I've watched him play the last four years.

I agree he does take more offensive zone penalties than the average player. I disagree this is an indicator of "low IQ", though. He plays an aggressive style that toes the line, one which players don't get away with in the regular season, yet do get away with in the playoffs. This is not unique to him across the NHL, although it may be unique to him on the Calgary Flames, where there may be an allergy to playoff style hockey among the key ice time logging forwards.

I agree he has so-called "negligible" offensive finish. I disagree that this has any correlation to "IQ" as this is essentially a physical trait. Both Bennett's even strength expected goals and actual goal rates are actually identical to Mikael Backlund over the last five seasons, the difference being about thirteen hundred minutes of ice time, which is expected comparing a 25-29 year old to a 18 to 22 year old. Does Backlund lack IQ as well?

There are many areas where Bennett's IQ is positively apparent and it's disappointing you are unable to see those areas.

"May those who accept their fate find happiness. May those who defy it find glory."
GranteedEV is offline   Reply With Quote