View Single Post
Old 03-26-2024, 12:16 PM   #4504
taxbuster
First Line Centre

Exp:

Quote:
Originally Posted by taxbuster View Post
Read a couple of (glowing) reviews and talked with a pal who's watched it. Not sure I want to as the books were phenomenal, with physics that probably bemuses someone much smarter than me. Not sure I want to see a video version where essentially one character has been divided into five though.

So, on the fence about watching, though I probably will because it's supposed to be graphically fantastic.

Well, I'm into E06 now. Interesting way of presenting the story, which, in writing is a definitely hard physics...so somewhat "dumbed down" for more popular appeal. I hope it doesn't go the way of Inception which had so much multidimensional gobbledy#### in it that it was entirely unintelligble and the ending could have been...literally...anything, and worked.

The characters seem FAR too young and good looking to be believable for me in their rank in the world of physics. But then, I'm a pretty old goat. (As an aside: One of the usual things about Brit TV shows, especially cop shows, is that the women are often highly believable because they're not all 25 and models. So this is a bit out of step there for me.)